OVERVIEW OF Radio Forecast Network
Meda Ad Pro software
Using our proprietary online software, MediaAdPro, RFN announcers record, edit and upload customized weather forecasts to our servers. Our affiliates to download these mp3 files and air them throughout the day. Nearly 300 affiliates in the US and Canada.
wHAT wE DO
Radio Forecast Network pushes out content to radio stations across the US and Canada---specifically, weather.
RFN announcers deliver wxcasts the way our affiliates want them delivered. Why? Because, if you’ve been on the air for any length of time, you know what the listeners want to hear in a weathercast and how best to communicate it.
Here's what is expected.
half hour to an hour per day
Using our Proprietary software, we ask our announcers to record, edit and upload a small list of customized weather forecasts to our website. Our affiliates download these files into there'stations' automation.
All we ask is for you to record WXcasts ONE hour per day (or half hour) during the SAME time period every weekday Monday through Friday.
Weekend ONLY shifts are also available.
This is a part time gig
This is NOT to replace your current job! This is a “part-time gig” to be recorded from your own home, on your own computer, with YOUR editing software and OUR proprietary online software.
how does barter work?
RFN pays you for recording wxcasts through an online MediaAdPro Barter Exchange account.
This is the site where you login and post those weekly RFN invoices. MediaAdPro is our in-house barter exchange----a barter accounting system --- not unlike an online bank account.
approch this from the standpoint of "excess inventory"
There are several ways to use the barter dollars you earn:
- Purchase goods and services featured in The Marketplace at MediaAdProExchange.vBarter.com. In The Marketplace you’ll notice the availability of various tickets to amusement parks and venues around the country. Certainly, you can purchase any and all tickets for your personal use. However, the main purpose is to showcase to trade exchanges which tickets can be purchased in bulk for their barter members. The barter dollars we generate from ticket sales to these partner exchanges builds up trade credits In ITEX and TradeBank—the two main exchanges we work with to provide the goods and services available for you to spend your trade dollars.
- You can transfer MediaAdPro Exchange trade dollars into your ITEX account and spend with the 25,000 business members in the ITEX system. ITEX brokers around the country can help.
- You can transfer MediaAdPro Exchange trade dollars into your TradeBank account. Brokers in TradeBank (located mostly east of the Mississippi.) can help you with goods and services from thousands of members who want to sell to you using your TradeBank dollars.
There are NO cash fees* for you to pay to have full membership with ANY trade exchange partner of MediaAdPro. This is simply online barter banking.
*Shipping charges, tips at restaurants, and sometimes sales tax are to be paid in cash.
RADIO FORECAST NETWORK AND MEDIA AD PRO... IT’S ALL ONE BIG BARTER CIRCLE WITH EXCESS INVENTORY.
- Stations pay RFN in prime time only "EXCESS SPOT INVENTORY" for weather service.
- RFN provides prime time only "EXCESS SPOT INVENTORY" to clients of ITEX and TradeBank.
- You provide “YOUR EXCESS INVENTORY" – YOUR TIME to RFN to record WxCasts for RFN affiliates.
- RFN pays you with the barter dollars earned by selling “EXCESS SPOT INVENTORY” to clients of trade exchanges.
- You spend those barter dollars on goods and services in over 25,000 local and national businesses in ITEX and TradeBank.
WHAT GOODS AND SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH VARIOUS TRADE EXCHANGES?
Choose from the member lists and marketplace ads found in the trade exchanges we deal with. This list of businesses (some of which may be in your area) who are members, are paid in trade exchange dollars through organized barter exchanges. Working for RFN, you earn trade dollars to buy the things you need personally, or for business purposes if you own business. For instance, a voiceover company. It may be simply buying goods and services you can’t justify (or don't want to pay for) with cash.
Here are a few examples: restaurants, hotels, resorts, bed and breakfast getaways, amusement park tickets, Christmas gifts, jewelry, hair salons, oil changes, car washes, and so much more. I have EVEN seen listings of high dollar items like log cabin kits and land.
You can even use your trade dollars to help set up your own part time voice-over business using business services like website design, printing, CPAs, attorneys, graphic artists to design a logo, and more. We can visit about details by accessing my online calendar to book a phone appointment. All RFN Team members have trade brokers in the various exchanges to help facilitate barter purchases.
Exceptions to certain goods and services
Please understand that some items are just not available: Low margin-of-profit items like gasoline, groceries, new computers, new electronics, appliances, etc. The high wholesale cost to the seller to provide these items on barter outweigh the benefits to that company.
You can understand that a restaurant's ingredients COST may be 25% to 30%. Restaurants have an easier time justifying the extra business because most of their costs are fixed and food costs are comparatively low. Contrast this by the actual wholesale cost of gasoline, groceries, or new electronics; it's closer to 75% to 80%.
However, there are countless other items available locally to your area and nationwide to enhance the quality of your life. We can talk about the details when we get together by phone.
How much can you expect to get paid
Work a half hour or less FIVE days per week and depending on your experience on-air and with editing software, you can earn $200 to $300 per week. It works out to somewhere near $60 to $80 per hour. Some announcers make $90 to $100 per hour. It's all about proficiency with editing software and how many wxcasts you've delivered in your radio career.